Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Put an X on the calendar!

So.....I know you must have been missing me lately....I have been working on a milestone at the SoDak house. We are venturing into the unknown......we are entering Elementary school. That is right folks. I am going to be a PTA momma. I know from the pictures below, the ones showing my bu-t-t.....you think PTA stands for pretty tight a$$.....but, you would be incorrect my friends......yes you would. PTA stands for.......well.....it stands for something that has to do with the school, and meetings....and carnivals.....and box tops....something like that. Yeah, I am gonna do it. Yesterday we walked Sass to Kindergarten......

Sass.....waiting patiently for his momma and Fash to be ready for our short stroll to school. He chose not to eat breakfast, though I made one of his favorite breakfast foods.....lemon poppy-seed muffins, (or bald cup-cakes if you will) I think he was a bit nervous. It is a BIG deal around these parts......they go ALL DAY, 7 hours!



Sass decided he would like to scooter all the way to school. He also chose to end that, and gave over the scooter to Fash by the time we got to the corner. I think the nerves were getting to him a bit.
By the time we got to school......and he posed his....."I got this mom" smile.....I knew everything was going to be alright. He also agreed to give me a hug on our walk BEFORE we got to school. I feared he would not want to give over the love.....you know, trying to be cool and all. He told me I could have a little hug when we got there........
Yeah, I didn't get the hug I was hoping for......I did get a "knuckle bar" though.....and I settled for that. Hey at least he chose to wear his Glenwood Springs T-shirt for his first day, showing his momma some love. I do love him the reddest.....that is for sure!

Fash sat himself down in this chair when we got there, I think he planned to stay as well. He settled for me taking a picture of him. Yeah, I love Fash the bluest, make no mistake.

I hope your new transitions go as smoothly as mine did. I guess I am going to have to let them grow......I can keep fighting it, or I can show them I am thrilled with their growth. Ack....sometimes it hurts to make the right choice.

**Sass was wiped out when we picked him up......he said the day was like 17 hours long.......today when he woke up, he said he wasn't going to school.....he was just going to put an X on the calendar, and stay home.......I just pretended he didn't say anything.....and took him to school......He told me it was a super day, and went by in like 17 seconds.....we are getting somewhere aren't we!**

20 comments:

Deena said...

Your boys are cuties. And putting an X on the calendar and staying home? I love that idea. I just might use it.

Unknown said...

"Put an X on the calendar..." He is a genius. I am totally going to use that in the future.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Wow, that math just blew my mind.

And I agree with Annie, the boy is a genius. So what for he need to go to school, eh?

Melissa said...

Yeah for the first day of school!! I didn't know you could put an X on the calendar and just skip that day... hmmm... I'm gonna have to try that one out!!

Carrot Jello said...

Wow, they really need to regulate those hours for his kindergarten class.

aubrey said...

how cute. i am so glad you posted!! yippee. i'm with carrot on the 17 hour school days. poor kids. and then 17 seconds. sweet. nice shot of your hot butt.

Amanda said...

Trying not be jealous of your PTA! ;)

What a cutie he is! I love his facial expressions. He totally has this down mom! 17 hours to 17 seconds, that is quite a difference!

Elizabeth-W said...

So sweet!
I dread the day my girls don't want me to walk them to class, take pictures, etc. Although, maybe if they're 17 and still crying I'll think I've screwed them up pretty good.....

Klin said...

PTA. P.T.A. I like your version much better than the one I am barely treading water in.

17 huh? Tomorrow will be like 17 minutes, right? What a cutie. I like his X idea. He should patent it and make like 17 bucks.

omar said...

I've had days where I want to scooter to work, but I've never made it past the corner either.

Congrats Sass on making it through days one and two! And good luck to you, mom, with the box tops and carnivals.

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

scooter to school, i am so jealous.

Chellie said...

He is so cute!! Happy first day of school!

Tori :) said...

That's too funny!! I'm glad he's enjoying school. My oldest had all day kindergarten in Texas and I LOVED it. But alas, in Utah they only go like an hour or something...

Heffalump said...

I wish we had all day Kindergarten here. #4 would love to be at school for more than 2 1/2 hours a day.

Super Happy Girl said...

I'm with Annie, that little guy is a genius. I'm so using that too.
You'll love the PTA (and they are so going to love you back), I did it for 3 years, it was great.
I wanna get a "knuckle bar"! :)

Jean Knee said...

Lean just started all day kindergarten too. it's a loooong day for the little ones, and their moms. Ours is PTO praise the odometer or something

Sketchy said...

I wanna put an x on the calendar some days! Thats the best.

PS: Hi, I'm Sketchy, I've seen you around...

Unknown said...

New post! New post! New post! Don't make me sit here all day and wait for it.

dalene said...

So sweet! It's hard to let them go because you just know they are going to grow up so fast.

Darling pics!

SoDak Angel said...

glittersmama--I am sooo going to try that, there are simply days which would be better X'd out early. Right!

Annie--total genius isn't he!

Kimberly--he agrees with you, figures he is smart enough, "why do I have to go....all I remember is recess." What sort of kid do I have?

Melissa--let's start a revolution....if you don't want to do it....just a giant X is all it takes. We would all be so much happier...no?

Carrot--I know....he needs to be there much longer...17 seconds...phah.

Aubrey--glad you appreciated the b-u-t-t shot!

Amanda--you should totally be jealous, of my vulumptuous-ness...totally!

Edub--seriously, no hope for me....if you of all people fear you have screwed your kids up....then I most definately have....I should have paid better attention in my psych classes.

Kayelyn--hey, do you know where he can patent it? I could totally use 17 bucks?

Omar--Yeah, you should see this momma rock it on the scooter....I can go really fast. No stopping for me at the corner...I take it off sweet jumps.

Catherine--one day, maybe we can all scooter through our days, until then....you will have to just be jealous.

Chel--Thanks! Welcome!

Tori--I know....the half day stuff does really fly by...in like 17 seconds...

Heffalump--I am not complaining really....his brother, and himself are the only sad ones with the arrangement.

NCS--next time I see you, knuckle bar it is!

JKnee--PTO--I am going to have to think on that one. Pretty tough ostrich....

Sketchy--Hi! Welcome...I am glad we have crashed this party together! See you around, I hope.

Annie--I am working on it....you show me yours, I will show you mine.

Compulsive--Thanks, I suppose, I should keep the little fellas....they are awful cute!