Sunday, August 5, 2007

First and ten....Warning--NOT FOOTBALL

So...this is my first and ten......has nothing to do with football. I don't even know what 1st and 10 means, or if it is really called that......Don't bother telling me what it means either.....Mister has tried to explain it to me a million times.......all I really hear is *bzzzzz.....whah....whah....bzzzz.....whah....whah*

Nope this is a list of 10 of my firsts......Rated G!

1. 1st time driving----I was 13 years old......my bruv was my instructor.....it was in the church parking lot, during Stake Conferance.......(shhh....don't tell) What was I supposed to do, the American 100 countdown, was only on Sunday, and sometimes you just have to listen to Casey Kasum.

2. 1st automobile----My first car was a Fiat X-19....it was chocolate brown.....stick shift....two seater....removable hard top.....she was a beaut! I bought it for $4500.00, seems insane that I would pay that much for a car, at 16....but I did! So Grandma had to co-sign for the loan.....but she was mine. I taught about 6 of my friends to drive stick shift in that car......great car. I wonder if it is still driving around in Fruita........Annie?

3. 1st time I had stitches----7 years old....I was going to race bruv to soccer practice. He was on one side of the street, I was on the other. I was watching him, and running at the same time....tripped over the sidewalk......and blam! Cut my forehead open. I had to get 4 stitches.....the Doctor asked if the sidewalk was okay....I was NOT amused. I also got blood on my new tennies.....THAT made me even madder!

4. 1st time I shaved my legs----12 years old, I decided, as I was going on my first temple trip, I should shave my legs.....you just never know, I figured I would be laughed at with my super hairy legs. Mom had told me I couldn't.....did anyway...I ended up cutting my thigh about a 4" strip.......had to tell mom.....yeah....I guess I learned my lesson.

5. 1st name at that baptism--The name of the 1st person I was baptized for was Mildred....what an awesome experience.

6. 1st boyfriend--He lived in Ouray, CO, an hour and a half from Fruita.... His name was Paul....we met at a new year's eve party for S.A.D.D. we were the same height.....THEN I GREW! By the time we broke up.....6 months later, I was 4 inches taller than him.....I think that might be why we broke up....I have a sneaking feeling!

7. 1st kiss--14....I know, I know....whatever...the worst part is....it happened at Youth Conference....outside the dorms at Snow, his name was Harlan....yeah, I know it gets worse.....we got busted by one of the leaders, who flashed a flash-light in our faces......we ran......yeah, so.....I didn't do that again until I was 16....I guess I learned my lesson.

8. 1st airplane ride--I was 16, with my mother, and my 11 month old brother. We flew to New York, for my cousin's wedding in New Jersey......I had never even met her.....but...they bought us plane tickets, so we went.......was exciting, except the part where my brother screamed almost the entire flight!

9. 1st time I had a steak dinner--19, Annie found out I had never had a steak, and took me to dinner for my 19th birthday.......it was amazing.....She is the best! I can't remember the name of the restaurant...but it was across from the Ally Cat off Main street, started with an O I think, Annie will remember. I saved half of it, because I thought it was so amazing....I wanted to savor it. BLAST! Took it home, someone else finished it. I hate when that happens.

10. 1st house--The first house we bought together was in Plymouth Minnesota, in 1999. It was built in 1946. We bought it from the original owners.....it is a quirky little house. It is across the street from the house my husband grew up in, and his parents still own, and the house his mother grew up in. We put a lot of money into it. We couldn't stomach the idea of selling it when we moved to SD.....we rent it out now, and maybe we will get to retire in it, who knows.

That is my 1st and 10....how about some of your firsts?

20 comments:

b. said...

THAT was AWESOME!!

www.stepherz.com said...

That's an awesome post. I go to Ouray all the time. I so love it there.

Elizabeth-W said...

Great list! I may have to copy you. I love Ouray. We used to joke it sounded like speaking pig latin for a town nameed Roux.

Carrot Jello said...

Ooh, you were one of those pretty fiat driving girls. Lucky.

SoDak Angel said...

B--Thanks! I try to have great idea's once in awhile, just to keep people on their toes.

Stepherz--Thanks! Ouray is fun....or WAS fun, when I used to go see the boyfriend guy. I went to Prom there...then we broke up! Tee hee...

EDub--Copy away sista! Have at it. I never thought of the pig-laten thing.....clever.

Carrot--Oh, yes I was....Now I drive the minivan....So...I am a pretty vini driving girl! Lucky, lucky, lucky.

Jean Knee said...

wait, I didn't see no football, what?

Melissa said...

Fiat? Really... gosh... I had a Ford Taurus :P

aubrey said...

i loved your firsts. that is supercool that you BOUGHT your first car. at 16.

i shaved my legs for the first time when i was 10. my mom was absolutely freaked out. i cut myself a little bit, but i think the thing that freaked her out was that i shaved my arms too. i had a vietemese best friend at school and she didn't have any hair on her arms and i wanted to be like her.

Lisa said...

My mom owned a Fiat. It was a horrible shade of yellow until she had it painted red. Can't tell you how many times someone ran into her in that car or how many times it needed repairs-but both were a lot. Still she loved that car.
Great list!

Phae-Jae said...

Great Firsts!

SoDak Angel said...

JKnee--come back later....there will be some football...me..kicking something!

Melissa--Yep, Fiat....had my mid-life crisis early, got my sporty little car first.....

Aubrey--I had to work like crazy to pay for the car, needed the car to go to work...it is a crazy cycle. LOVE that you shaved your arms....heelarious!

Lisa--I am still quite fond of the car. I guess since mine was a chocolate brown, people didn't want to hit it.....I never got hit, and only had to fix it once and it put me out only $200 bucks...not bad.

PJ--Thanks! It was fun.

Dan said...

OK, here's a first from me ... today is the first time I visited your blog. Thanks for visiting me! That was very sweet of you.

First and 10. Ugh. Isn't that hockey? Or baseball? Or ... zzzz (no, it's football, just teasing).

I'm still waiting for the first time I shave my legs. :)

SoDak Angel said...

Dan--just be careful the first time you shave....have a back-up plan if things don't turn out the way you would like.

MSVZzzz said...

Indeed, your list of firsts is worthy of copying. With my own list of course.

But being that I just began my blog, I have started off with a first post.

And the previous story about Fash made me laugh for a looong time.

Can you figure out who I am?

SoDak Angel said...

My.man..so--I totally know who you are! Yipee....I started it, ME! I got you on board! I can't wait to read your first post! Hate to say, your name gave you away, dearie!

Unknown said...

I found this Blog by way of "It's the Whole She Bang". Very entertaining and amusing posts. I have you booked marked now and look forward to reading more.

SoDak Angel said...

Piny-welcome! I hope I can continue to amuse you.

Tori :) said...

I shaved my legs when I was 12 too!! I also sliced myself straight up the shin. It hurts thinking about it.

Unknown said...

Ahhh good times.

Who in the world would give a 16 year old a car loan. Then again, you were very mature.

Super Happy Girl said...

This is a meme! You made a meme!
Swee-eet.
YAY! I'm way cooler than anyone ever becuase I got to hear about the 1st kiss with my very own ears.