Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Planes--Trams--and Automobiles....

I have returned from my extravagant weekend with some Hawt--totally hawt--woman! I felt like I was at girls camp for grown ups....you know, without the latrines, or the 8 girls riding up in the brown station wagon....embarrassed that their mom is driving.....the bathrooms were fantastic Carrie! Annie was super chauffeur in the beauty mobiles!

Annie and Carrie were complete hostess-with-the-mostess.....better than any Hostess cupcake....which is saying a lot if you know me.

I don't think I can do the weekend justice......so.......you want a recap....you will find it here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here, and here.

I want to tell you about my trip BACK!

We started the drop offs at the airport at about 6:30 am....my flight was at 9:00 am....so I had a little time to burn...not too much, but a little.

I was sitting at gate C38.....at 8:00 am.....after much casing of the joint, I sat down with my lovely book.......'announcement' "Flight 544 service to Minneapolis/St. Paul has changed gates to C36." *I was just comfortable...alright....moving now*

*ah.....C36....now back to my book*

'announcement' "flight 544 service to MSP has been delayed due to weather, and construction....O'Hara flights are being re-routed to MSP...and there is not enough air traffic control to handle the incoming planes."

Okay....hmmmm.....now I have another hour and a half. I have wandered all that I can in concourse C.....maybe I should just wander over to Concourse B.....on the Tram.

*return.....dejected......same stuff over there, as there was here* Guess it is back to the book.

*ACK....I am so bored....maybe I will check over in Concourse A......something more....it is a possibility...*

*return....dejected.....same-o.....same-o....you see one CO shop....I guess you have seen them all....and no sir....I do not care for your pint of milk which costs $2.99*

*ack....so bored....going to ride the tram again.....why....because I can!*

FINALLY....I get to board the plane. So what if I am row 25 of 26 rows....it doesn't really matter right.....WRONG!

It does matter.....when the Captain says, "good day ladies and gentleman....it seems there is some failure with the exit door....and we are having maintenance look it over....we should be off the ground in no time.

Reading....ignoring....reading.....ignoring.....long time passing.....

Captain, "good day ladies and gentleman....it seems when maintenance was fixing the door, there was an error in testing it, and it caused the exit door to fly off, and the exit ramp to inflate....the parts to fix this are in MSP.....we will be exiting the aircraft, and you will need to speak to Customer service about adjusting your flight."

This is where sitting in row 25 is a supreme bummer.......then you are severely at the end of the LONG line wanting to get your flight changed.

*waiting....waiting...waiting.....phone calls....waiting*

We did that for awhile, then they told us to go back to gate C38, as we were taking their plane, and they could all go and sit at gate C36 to wait for the part to fix our plane......sorry sucka's....I am getting out of here! After all......I still have a 7 hour automobile ride ahead of me when I get to my "final destination!"

We got home around midnight.....not bad for starting at 6:30 am......took an automobile to the airport.....tram to the airplane.....tram again, just well...it is a good time....airplane....automobile......and not once did I have my hand between two pillows!

Thanks girls for a great weekend, I would do my trip back 50 times over, after the weekend we had, it was so worth it!

23 comments:

Tori :) said...

Aack! That is so lame!! I'm sorry!
But I'm not sorry I got to meet you! YAY!

Jean Knee said...

bad news about all that waiting but great news about your hands not ending up between two pillows

Unknown said...

I think having a crappy trip on home, makes you appreciate it more once you get there.

Carrot Jello said...

Awww, dang! You could have ridden the subway with me and Elastic and gone out to breakfast with us!
You should have seen us pole dance on that thing.

Rug's Bug said...

Did Carrot just say pole dance?

Your trip home is what totally scares me about flying. But I'm glad you got there safe and sound. I bet your kiddo's were happy to see you.

b. said...

Glad you had a great time and that it was completely worth it!
Ugh! on the trip home, though.
That makes for a long day!

You look just like my friend Connie.
Both of you are gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Sounds like a looooong day! Glad you finally made it home safely! Hey next time you'll have to drive to Rapid City and we'll have to drive to Colorado together. :D

Klin said...

You weren't by chance flying. . . Delta were you?

I am sooooo glad you did not awaken with your hands between two pillows.
ROFL- I love that show!

www.stepherz.com said...

I'm so glad you guys had a great time. But I am so sorry about the trip back home. Funny post though!

Elizabeth-W said...

That is the worst story ever, I think. Did your luggage get lost? 'Cause that would definitely up the sympathy factor.
Once, when going home from byu, flying to el paso, we had bad weather, and it took 22 hours to get home. If we'd driven it would have taken about 12-13. The worst airport in the whole world, in my humble opinion is the one in las vegas.

SoDak Angel said...

Tori--I am not sorry either! I had a great time, so I don't mind that it took a bit more time to get home...more reflecting.

JKnee--yeah....no pillows!

Annie--I couldn't agree more.

Carrot--I should have...I thought of it too late...I vaguely thought I might run into you both....but...it didn't happen...tear..tear..

Rugsbug--seriously...I know...missing them pole dance..I want a re-do. Flying-schmying...it's all good! Boys were very happy! Thank goodness they still want me!

B--making my day...saying I am GORgeous! You were missed...much discussion about your absence...much discussion.

Amanda--makes perfect sense...I will do that next time! We need to convince them all that SD is the place to see!

Kayelyn--thank goodness for the lack of pillows! Tee hee...glad you got it! Thanks for visiting!

Stepherz--you know how to flatter a girl, don't you....saying I am funny and all. I guess you said my POST was funny...which I translate to....I am funny!

EDub--You win for crappy flying story for sure! I was certain my luggage would be lost...after all, we were going to drive 400 miles as soon as I arrived...so of course my luggage would not show. But there it was...circling all sad, waiting for me...Been to the Las Vegas airport...I didn't see you there?....:)

Melissa said...

I hope that the fun had in Colorado out weighs the craziness of the trip home :)

aubrey said...

angel, that stinks big time. you needed a longer, more interesting book to read. i'm glad you had fun! sorry that it took so long to get home.

Millie said...

Yikes, that is bad! Poor Angel!

It was so great meeting you - I enjoyed being with you! When will this meeting ever happen again??

Becky said...

You are so lucky to get to go to CO! I miss it there! I wish that I can have gone to meet you all!

carrie said...

So sorry you had to go through all that to get home. I'm glad you still thought the trip was worth it. Well at least you weren't riding the bus like Millie.

elasticwaistbandlady said...

I shook my moneymaker for all it was worth on the terminal subway. Don't let Carrot fool you, her performance was rather lackluster. I've watched 'Showgirls' twice.....and it really shows!

Now I get to crack a few 'Touched By An Angel' jokes. How many years I've waited for this opportunity.... Glad you're back home!

Suzanne said...

It sounded like a rough and long day, but I'm glad you made it home, safe and sound. Sodak, you crack me up and I'm so glad I got to meet you! :)

dalene said...

Glad you had a great time. Sorry I did not get to meet you.

dalene said...

(You know I meant a great time except for the trip home, right?)

Super Happy Girl said...

(((SHG Hugs for Angel))) I love you yo!!
Sorry about the trip back. Here I thought my luggage being late fro a few hours was bad.
You win, hands down.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

As I learned on my Utah trip, Airport concourses are bor-ring. Especially when you have two three hour layovers in one day.

Hope it was a good book!

aubrey said...

i want to read more angel!! write a new post!