Monday, July 2, 2007

We made it!

We made it through the birthday party this weekend! We only had one child cry, and lost another one....both for like a milla-second! I think that would be classified as a successful partay! Kids beat the pinata, showing nooo mercy! It was fun, glad it is over...........Fash took no mercy on me, reminding me his birthday is "coming right up!" It is actually a few months away, thankfully.....so there will be some time to recover, and by then I might just forget that it is a crazy thing to invite 18 kids to my house for a party....I just MIGHT I said!

12 comments:

Heffalump said...

Glad you survived! I am a little sad to know that the pinata is no more...sniff, sniff.

Becky said...

Congrats! I am glad that it went well!

Jean Knee said...

oh man, I loved that pinata. Well as long as it was put to good use huh?
Tell the truth now, how much of that candy did you hide for DH and you for later?

Unknown said...

Eighteen kids? And only minor meltdowns? I would say that was a roaring success!

Melissa said...

So glad to hear that you are alive and well! People have been known to "drop dead" after parties like that! And that was one rockin pinata!

Carrot Jello said...

I have three children with birthdays on the 6th, 8th, and 9th of July. I still haven't decided if I want to give all of them a party together, or one each day.

SoDak Angel said...

jKnee--Me...save some candy...me, um..none?

Amber--It was pretty roaring!

Heff and Melissa--yep...pinata is gone...still found some candy in the grass yesterday though...and yes...I DID eat it!

Carrot--Are you kidding...three seperate birthday's even as a possibility seems nutso--If I were you...I would do the combo thing...on the 7th...or the 10th...that way there isn't one who feels more like it should be their party than another. One cake, three types of ice cream, one day of crazy....

Lana said...

yeah! on the fun party!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

18?! You're a dear sweet gal, but you're insane! We had four and it just about did me in.

Unknown said...

Woot! Party on!

Amanda said...

What!?! No pictures!

Glad that it went well, sounds like it was the partay of the year! You're my new idol....18 kids...ugh.

Super Happy Girl said...

I had 15 girls over once. Just that once.
You are brave and bold my friend.