Friday, July 20, 2007

Ahhh....my little fashion plate!

The boys and I decided to attend story time at the Public Library. As you MIGHT imagine.....we were running late, as I did a few finishing things in the house, I asked the boys to get their shoes on, and "load up," to my shock, and surprise.....THEY DID! They were even both buckled by the time I got outside. Turns out the "Dairy Princess" of South Dakota was there, crown and all (boys said in a whisper..."mooommmm.....she is soooo pretty") to read the story, and talk about good nutrition, and what have you. ***Boy, oh boy....am I ever going to impress this little princess with my sweet, adorable boys....***

As my sweet little nearly perfect Fash was sitting on my lap....I noticed it...........dun....dun....dun....




OH YES HE WAS!!! I looked down in horror at his feet.....sticking straight out in front of him, nearly touching said princess.....**gasp** I can't even explain it......no socks.....two different shoes....one is navy blue....one black....both right feet.....one shoe is a size 11....the other is a size 1.....oh, my....

I did what every reasonable mother would do in my situation.........I started laughing.......poor princess......I am sure she was horrified at me.....AND my darling little Fash's shoes! I gave him a hug.....sweet Fash.....always good for a laugh!

He did however inform me, always so fashion conscious that he is, "they are both Champion shoes, and I like them both.....so I weared (yes...that is what he said) them both, do I look nice?"

19 comments:

Melissa said...

Ha! I love it! And so what if the Princess wasn't amused? :) As long as he was proud of his decision ;)

www.stepherz.com said...

SO cute! I often wish I could wear 2 different shoes, being the shoe lover that I am! I don't know if it would be as cute if I did it though. My 12 year old would hide from me!

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

Oh! I would've just about died from laughing!

Phae-Jae said...

Funny! I would have "so" care if that would have happened with my first child. With my fourth, I'm just happy when their feet are covered.

I love his logic on the whole thing!

My Trendy Tykes said...

HAHA!

Now that was funny!

Linda

Deena said...

Sorry to be confusing about the whale swimming away. I did make the whale, and I guess it came out too well. I've never done origami before. Thanks!

Amanda said...

That is too funny! Did they impress the dairy princess?

My twins used to like to wear either both left shoes or both right shoes (they had the same shoes) because they 'matched'.

Jean Knee said...

If she's a real princess like princess Fiona then she saw it as a funny thing. If not she's fake

Carrot Jello said...

That is so cute :)

carrie said...

I'm so impressed that he knew what brand shoes he was wearing.

dalene said...

That happened at my house just last week...

...or was it Millie's?

Quite cute!

dalene said...

p.s. didna get your e-mail yet...but still watching. I would love to discuss with you.

SoDak Angel said...

glitters--Okay on the whale, I just felt bad thinking I may have forgotten to put it in there. I am glad you did it, fun!

Amanda--I think the Princess was slightly amused...but only very slightly.

Carronin--He is soooo like that! He is three....and crazy about fashion....obviously, not fashionable...but is always asking "do I look nice?" with three shirts on, and a pair of shorts over some sweats or something. He is a nut! I love it!

Compulsive--I just figured out I incorrectly emailed you....tried again.

Unknown said...

So cute. So funny.
I think every mother can recognize when another mom has let go of the reigns to allow their child to dress themselves. Mini Me wanted to do her own hair today. It actually turned out okay.

Elizabeth-W said...

What's the movie with Eugene Levy where he has two left feet?
Toooo cute!

Becky said...

I love it!My 9 year old has done that to me. Except it was a sandal and a dress shoe...... that little stinker. Gotta love em!

Unknown said...

That is fantastic. I would have loved to watch the reactions of each of you as the fashion statement was identified.

Tori :) said...

His fashion logic works for me.

Super Happy Girl said...

I love that! He like both so he weared them. Nothing wrong with that.