Friday, July 13, 2007

Lessons learned......

I know that my children have taught me far more than I have taught them......though sometimes I don't like to admit it.

Sass told me once, while he was in trouble mind you, "mom....sometimes you could be a nicer mom.....BUT...you couldn't be a prettier mom, you are already the prettiest."

You soooo know he was done being in trouble. I guess I could have been hurt, he wishes I were nicer.....but who cares......I AM the PRETTIEST!!

Here are some other things I have been taught.

Dad's don't yell as much as moms, but they yell louder

If you have bunk beds.....you might as well sleep on top

Don't say "the last one there is a rotten egg" unless you know you can beat your brother there.

It is easier to spend your mom and dad's money, than your own

The person on the other end, always asks the question again, when you nod on the phone.

Ask why, until you understand

It's possible to feel full when it comes to more dinner, but NOT full when it comes to dessert.


What have your kids taught you lately?

17 comments:

Heffalump said...

I have learned that sometimes hugs and kisses are even better than bandaids.

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

I've learned that I can worry all I want but my kids are tough enough. I'd like to take all the credit :) but I think they may have just gotten here that way.

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

I've learned that cuddling comes before laundry. =)

Anonymous said...

lol..I was just thinking that in our house I get the question asked again even if I answer out loud. But, that would be my 47 year old CHILD. LOL

Melissa said...

Great post... I've learned that dishes, laundry, vacuuming and general cleaning are not as important as a walk to the park or playing with dolls/dinosaurs/super heroes. I'm also starting to learn that they don't want to have you as a play mate forever... sigh...

www.stepherz.com said...

One of my favorite songs in the whole wide world-- Circle of friends. It reminds me of an era that I loved in my life...

Anyhow, I really liked this post! I've learned that I am just as good at pulling splinters as my husband. I always got so squimish about splinters. But now Bella comes to ME to be the splinter puller. So I guess I'm also learning confidence through my kids. They love and trust me more than I understand.

aubrey said...

i've learned that they're not going to WANT help forever, so i might as well help them instead of trying to get them to do it themself.

Unknown said...

Amen to everything you said!

Carrot Jello said...

I wish I could remember something they've taught me. My brain is on vacation for a while.

Unknown said...

That smiles are the best remedy after a looooong, sleepless night.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Crap! I messed up twice!

Here is what I was trying to say;


Ask why until you understand.

That is a gem of life lesson

Phae-Jae said...

That I like them in a large van (far behind my ear drums), rather than a small car. AAGH!!

Loved your post!

Anonymous said...

That they grow up way too fast and I will have a lot of time later to have a clean and orderly house. I just need to sit with them, play with them and listen to them right now! My kids are 11, 4, 2, 1, and one on the way!

SoDak Angel said...

Those are all wonderful lessons! I hope we can all try to pay attention to what they were sent here to teach us!

Unknown said...

My kids have helped me to appreciate my spouse more. When I see how they cherish each other I realize how fortunate I really am. We are all healthy and comfortable.