Saturday, July 7, 2007

Good Mail Girls.....revealed!

I KNOW you have all been dying to hear from me on this....

I wanted the good mail I sent out to have a reflection of me, since I did not, at the time have a blog. It took me awhile to settle on the final content of the package I sent out, and I wish I had adjusted some things.....but....that didn't work out, so you got what you got! I love to travel....so the items are a reflection of places I have lived.....Here goes.

Origami--When I moved to Oregon, I knew virtually nobody (not the nobody who is blogging, the nobody.....sniff....I am lonely sort of nobody).....I met a whole group of people from Hawaii, and Guam.....I was shown how to do Origami there.....forgot, re-taught myself from my handy dandy Internet.....
Whale origami--I lived in Alaska for 7 years, during the summers.....1st time I had ever seen a whale
Heart origami--I met my husband in Alaska, he was from Minnesota, I lived there for 8 years with him....the Mayo Clinic is in MN, and it is the #1 Cardiology Hospital in the World.....I have also had heart surgery at this hospital.
Pheasant feathers--I think these feathers are so beautiful, I do some crafting with them, when I am pretending I am crafty.....the Pheasant is the South Dakota state bird.
Good stuff notebook--I try to be organized, and hate to forget things.....I have lists everywhere....thought they would be handy for people like me.....I figure...you are all my people.
Address labels--I like to be helpful, and figured it would assist on motivation to send out good mail. I sent you each nine....cuz I have nine kids..........ah....just teasing....I have 11.
I was going to put a little rock in each package......As I grew up near the Rocky Mountains of Colorado.....I forgot.....so I kept it as forgotten......besides, who on Earth would send somebody rocks, bad enough I stuffed the package with feathers.
If you haven't received anything from me yet...it is coming.....I got another shipment scheduled for Monday.

31 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

At last, I can get off the edge of my seat! I loved that package - so original and unique. I really need to get off my butt and get some good mailing done again. Been sitting around moping and it's time to do something to cheer myself up.

For future reference; I like rocks. =P

Amanda said...

How fun to see the meaning behind your very original good mail! You are so clever. I should have figured out the feather! Duh!!

I need to get on the ball again with the good mail.

Melissa said...

Thank you for that explanation! I loved the package! You are so creative - I think it's awesome that you filled the Good Mail with fun things that represented you!!

Chellie said...

Super cool! Thanks so much!!

Jean Knee said...

Now we know it all except for this : how many kids do you really have?

And this: do you double dip?

SoDak Angel said...

Kimberly--**note to self...Kimberly is happy with just rocks**

Amanda--I thought you would have picked up on the feathers...let's just say you didn't want to ruin anyone's surprise.

Melissa--thanks!

Chel--I am cool, right!

JKnee--truth is...two kids...that is like a 1 and a 1. Double dip--Never...unless I turn the carrot around and dip from the other side, but mostly....I am a breaker...I break the piece of whatever, until it is bite size....then dip ONE time only....Wow....now I am totally out there, aren't I!

Mel said...

What a clever idea! I loved the package. Thanks for filling it with things about you.

dalene said...

Oh but the feathers were wonderful!

And whew! Now I just have to wait for that Harry Potter Book to come out and all the mysteries of the universe will have been revealed.

www.stepherz.com said...

Your package was awesome! I let my 12 year old do the whale oragami and I've used all but 1 of the address labels. You're so, so sweet and I'm so glad that I found your blog! Thanks again for the package!

Unknown said...

Thank you for the good mail! And how fun!

Lana said...

I loved, loved, loved the whale! The whole package was awesome and how fun to know what it all stood for. Thanks again!

Annie said...

I loved you goodmail too! It was fun and funny and I knew there must be more to it, glad to read what it was all about. You are so very creative. You inspire me to branch out a bit on my goodmail and do something different!

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

Fabulous post! Glad to have some back story on the package (my kids loved the feathers!).

Heffalump said...

Thank you again for the package. I love Origami and I am an Oregon Resident, so that works nicely!

Becky said...

When did you live in MN? Was it Rochester? My Hubby grew up there. This his dad

http://mayoresearch.mayo.edu/mayo/research/staff/robb_ra.cfm

Maybe you crossed paths some where.

Isaura said...

WOW!! After reading that, I went back to look at all the stuff in the little package you sent. That is awesome, you are very creative.

Tori :) said...

I absolutely LOVED your good mail. Taj thought the feathers were rad and Tristan LOVES whales. :)

carrie said...

You are oh so clever. The whale really stumped me. I should of known it was about Alaska.

SoDak Angel said...

I like being a mystery of the universe! Yeah for me! I am glad you all enjoyed the package, it was sure fun to send out. I am so glad you all made it over here, fun stuff! Thanks for thinking I am clever!

M2P--No...not in Rochester...we were about 20 minutes west of the Cities...Plymouth-Wayzata area. I couldn't get a picture of your Father-in-law from your post...I am in the research system though...but likely I didn't come across him...:(

Unknown said...

So fun to finally hear the explanation!!!!

Becky said...

I got your package today! It was wonderful! Thank you for the good mail today! I needed it!

Anonymous said...

Thank You!!!! So so very much. I loved my package. I'm glad to stop by this morning and see what the feathers were all about. I was a little curious about that one. I love the notebook and the oregami and that is the most awesome notebook. Your rock!!!!

Phae-Jae said...

That was so clever! Thank you.

Carrot Jello said...

I prefer to think of you as a bird killer.
You are a sweet person.

Jennifer (mom of four) said...

Hi Good Mail Girl!!!

I wanted to say Hi and to let you know that I am starting a Random Acts of Kindness Thing over at my blog. To kick it off and let everyone know about it. I am having a contest and would love for you to come over and read about it and maybe particpate!! Thanks so much!

Jennifer (Fellow Good Mail Girl)

Rebekah said...

I loved your package! The feathers were very cool. I had no idea you were in SD. Shows how much I pay attention. I was just there a few weeks ago for a family reunion in Hot Springs. What part are you in?

My Trendy Tykes said...

I loved the good mail. I just wrote something in my "Good Stuff" notepad and I have used half of my labels....Those have really come in handy.

Linda

Pickles for Breakfast ! said...

Thank you! I loved it. And # 1 loved the heart!

An Ordinary Mom said...

Just recently got home from vacation and what a wonderful surprise to have in my mailbox :) !! Thanks for your thoughtfulness! I love how you personalized the package.

I haven't heard this Edie Brickell song in forever. What memories it brings back.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I loved your good mail you sent! it was waiting for me when I got home from vacation! Thank you!

Unknown said...

I did not receive or expect any good mail, I just wanted to comment that you really seem like the kind of person that takes a lot of pride in your self and the way your friends see you. I would say that the people closest to you must be the most fortunate.