Saturday, September 22, 2007

This does not a good mother make.....

I have moved into a whole other level of evil mommy. Sass has had two loose teeth for about a month. I do not recall the loss of any of my childhood teeth. Mister remembers his well....didn't remember it being a big deal or anything. I kept figuring.....they will get really loose soon...then they will just fall out....right. Sass said he was moving them back and forth with his tongue....trying to get them looser.....evil mommy wasn't buying it. One seemed a lot looser then the other.....it will come out soon.....just leave it be......I told myself this over.....and over....and over. Seriously.......you know, a girl like me can only hold out for so long! I noticed the adult tooth was coming in........BEHIND the loose one. I figured that can't be good......it should have been gone by now. Well...........after teeth brushing, I put Fash to bed, and asked Sass if I could just "yank that one out......you know, it really WANTS to come out." Shock beyond shock....he said I could. Well.......after I did this.......

He said he was kidding.............oops......yeah......ummm......did you take notice of the very red eyes.....the poofy eye lids....and super confused look? Good.....if you noticed those.....maybe you didn't take time to notice that I actually succeeded in ALMOST pulling out, not one.....but two teeth...............What sort of momma would do that? An evil one.....

Well......after two hours.........yes.....two hours of convincing him I could pull them out, if he would just let me back at them......he finally conceded. See there.....he even has a grin above.....he is grinning because I told him I would give him a buck a tooth, if he would let me just take them out. On a side note.....he made the same agreement with his dad......while I was trying to recover with deep breaths in the other room.....after I did what I did.......

A couple of the things Sass said, that I remember.....
"mom....I am seriously freaked out."
"I am not kidding.....I am terrified."
See....those are things a momma likes to hear from their child....are they not?

So......needless to say......the kid made two bucks off of his mom, AND his dad.......then got some money off the tooth fairy. I'm not gonna tell you what she left.....cuz it was too much.....I did however see a note from the tooth fairy who told him she was leaving that much because it was his 1st AND 2nd tooth....and not to hold his breath for her to drop bank again the next time. Smart fairy.

Sooooo......evil mommy finally got off the chopping block, because I made a cake.....you know....cake DOES always make things better.....SEE....he is smiling!

18 comments:

Melissa said...

I LOVE the tooth cake! An evil mommy would not have done such a thing! I have a friend who pulled her boy's tooth out with pliers. Um... yeah.

Klin said...

That is a cool cake.

Your boy doesn't look abused or any worse for the so your version of evil must be pretty . . . well . . . nice.

Unknown said...

You are a mommy over-achiever with that tooth cake.

Payne family creedo when it comes to losing teeth,
"The more you bleed, the more money you get."

Makes up for a lot of the trauma.

Tori :) said...

You're just rad for making a cake!!

Isn't it funny how long these things can take. I was taping Sei pull one of the twin's teeth and I had to keep stopping. It took FOR.EV.ER.

You're a great mom. All great moms bribe. :)

Jean Knee said...

love that cake!
you did what any good mom would do.

aubrey said...

oh you are THE coolest mom ever. those first pictures are sad though with his teary eyes. and that cake looks delish. i'm impressed, the shape of a tooth and everything.

Amanda said...

I remember the excitement of our first lost tooth at our house. Now all three of the big kids have lost a ton of teeth. The kids wiggle and wiggle them for weeks until daddy finally yanks them out. It is pretty much the tradition now that dad pulls them out. My kids actually like this, I find it quite disturbing! ;)

You have a smart tooth fairy. We have a lazy one. She won't come if it's too windy, too cold, too hot, too snowy, too....Do you like my excuses for forgetting? [insert rolled eyes]

Super Happy Girl said...

Actually I was going to award you the coveted Evil Mommy award, but then your reedemed yourself with the cake :)

I love the 2nd picture with his "grin".

Moomie said...

I can NOT believe you put your child through that!!! You ought to be ashamed of yourself. You know that he might have nightmares from the horror of it all. I bet if he has a little sliver you will dig, and dig, and dig until it bleeds but you feel great when you finally get it out - HUH? Yeah, me too! HA HA HA HA HA

Great story! I love reading your blog - you rock evil Mommy :)

SoDak Angel said...

Melissa--Thanks! Sass thought it was pretty great....sort of goes against the whole "healthy teeth" thing....but it works. Just used my vice like fingers...no plyers required here.

Kayelyn--thanks! He made me feel like the evil one....wilst crying he said "I was kidding mom! I can't believe you did that."

Annie--I like the more you bleed thing...might use it...though I am pretty sure he might just want to keep them from this point forward.

Tori--Thanks! I know seriously....took forever! I am glad we didn't video tape the drama. Might have had to embarrass him later...or he might have had to use it for his defense or something down the road.

Jknee--Thanks! Good mommy!

Aubrey--Really? Coolest ever? I know...you'd think I had been pulling his hair or something....I didn't really....just pryed a couple of teeth out.....

Amanda--I think I may have to throw in the towel at the next loose tooth venture.....I think I like your tooth fairy though.

NCS--I totally would take the coveted award...totally. Yeah, cake makes up for everything doesn't it.....hey...um...did you get your cake in the mail?....to make up for you know....that thing? ;)

Moomie!--Yeah! Doing a happy dance....cha...cha...Welcome! Show Moomie some love!

Carrot Jello said...

Is this the same child who's bunny got killed?
He's gonna need therapy.

SoDak Angel said...

yep....same one.....already saving for therapy....don't worry.

Unknown said...

If you are trying for meanest mom ever, pulling two teeth at once just might win you the prize. However baking poor traumtized child a cake then shelling out the big bucks may put you in the lead for nicest mom. Meanest mom or nicest mom. Poor kid wont know what to expect.

Carrot made me laugh with the comment about poor little bunny.

carrie said...

I would have done the same thing if my kids didn't yank their own teeth out. They have always come to me with bleeding gums and a tooth in their hands.

I hope your boys know how lucky they are to have you for a Mommy.

Suzanne said...

You should be proud of the little guy. He's figured out how to make a profitable business at a young age! ;)

How fun with the cake! I don't even think I took a picture when my son lost his first tooth. But I have saved all the teeth so far. I don't really know why. Eww... :D

Super Happy Girl said...

YAY!!! You noticed I love you :)
I do I do I do.

Elizabeth-W said...

That ain't evil. That's necessary. I can't stand when they wiggle the teeth with their tongues, twisting them, etc.!!
That cake is FAB!!
My 7 year old is a dental mess right now! It's just sad, really. She used to be so cute, but she has entered that awkward phase, 100%. :)

SoDak Angel said...

Piny--I like to keep the kids guessing around here.....don't want them just thinking I am nice all the time....mix it up.

Carronin--Oh.....I wonder if I would like it better....if he just showed up after pulling his own tooth out....Yeah...pretty sure Sass would have raised the roof, if he pulled it out himself. I know how lucky I am to have them....maybe they will feel lucky one day....they like me...I am good with that.

Suzanne--yeah....I totally kept the teeth.....what in the heck do I do with them now. That is when I figured out the tooth fairy wasn't real......I found a couple of teeth in my mom's jewelry box....I thought....what the heck....oh.....I get it now.

NCS--right back at you sister! J'adore tu

Edub--I think it is hee-larious....that totally awkward stage....when their teeth seem like they are as big as their eyeballs.....mouth full of chicklet teeth....those make for the best....way back when pictures....help you to appreciate your now beauty.