Tuesday, January 22, 2008

It's hockey season.....

It is hockey season at my house.........which pretty much means, we eat, breathe and dream hockey. I mean that almost as literally as I can.......

Eat....we eat lightning quick before hockey practice....then eat a quick snack of ez-mac after....if there are games we have the ohhhh so healthy diet of hot dogs, corn dogs, walking tacos, hot cocoa, and Pepsi......then bed.

Breathe....my house smells like a hockey rink, between Mister being on the ice for his team, three days a week, Sass skating for his team three days a week.....along with Mister coaching his team......Fash once a week skating practice, with Mister AND I coaching kids age 3-6 how to skate.......Open skate two nights a week, and games all weekend that we watch......we pretty much breath in the lovely odor of hockey.

Dream....My boys.....all three of them dream of the next moment they can get on the ice......I dream about it, as I am the Hockey Associations Treasurer and constantly reminded of the things I should be taking care of........so my friends, that is where I have been.....and will be.........at the Hockey rink.

17 comments:

aubreyannie said...

ooh, i LOVE hockey. we went to colorado avalanche games as often as possible when i was in high school. i love the smell of the ice and i love the fights of the NHL. i'm not sure i would love being a hockey mom, 24/7 but i probably would!

Deena said...

I love hockey too. I can't skate worth beans though.

Super Happy Girl said...

I have wathced hockey only once and it was live.
Do they always fight?

SoDak Angel said...

Aubrey--I too loved the Avalanche games, when I lived in Denver! We were probably in the stands together!

Glitters--You don't have to be able to skate! Just look good in your scarf and matching gloves!

NCS--I suppose there are not ALWAYS fights....they can't "check" each other at Fash's level, in fact...not until they are 12.....I think that is where the crazy fighting comes from....kids, or adults getting so frustrated with getting knocked over all the time, just when they finally got the puck! Truth be told though, I do like me a good fight!

aubreyannie said...

well, i was always WAAAY up in the top. ya know, the cheap seats. that was where we always sat. and ncs, i dont' think i've been to a game where there wasn't at least one fight. they make the game so exciting!

Carrot Jello said...

Just don't beat anyone up. ;)
what are walking tacos?

SoDak Angel said...

Aubrey--I was always in the "nose bleed" seats too....hmmm....nose bleeds on the ice....nose bleeds in the seats....I love hockey!

Carrot--usually nobody really get's beat up....just scuffed around a bit......mmmm....a walking taco, you my friend would appreciate. Your choice....Fritos, or Doritoes...They slice open the bag, via the side, then dump in your hamburger/chili mixture, nacho cheese/shredded cheese....then you put on your toppings of choice, lettuce, sour cream, salsa, olives, jalepeno's...add fork, and....mmmmm.....walking taco's!

Unknown said...

Growing up, I don't think you ever imagined that this is what you would be doing.

We never imagined our friend would end up in jail, either.

SoDak Angel said...

Annie--couldn't be more true....on both counts....I wonder which one shocks me more....probably my little friend....so sad.

Unknown said...

Still busy with hockey, eh?

Update! Update! Update!

Carrot Jello said...

So, um...when is hockey season over?

Deena said...

Happy Valentine's Day

Carrot Jello said...

Nope, still not here.
Happy Valentines Day!

Amanda said...

I'm with NCS, I've only ever been to one hockey game. It was definitely exciting. Sounds like lots of fun times at your house.

ps. I have a question for you about the Time Out for Women that is coming to Rapid City in May. Could you please email me? amclaws @ msn . com [take out the spaces ;)]

b. said...

Dude......where ARE YOU???!?!?!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SoDak Angel said...

Making my way back....I will be back...