Thursday, October 18, 2007

I'm a Salad!!

Do you ever have those moments when you think your children are smarter then you expect them to be?

We stopped by Mister's office to pick him up for lunch one day. We usually stay inside Vinnie, (the minivan) buckled up, and I just make a quick call, and he comes out to meet us. Sometimes, he may have to finish something up, and it takes a few extra minutes. This conversation happened one of those times, and it has since become a classic, we refer to, when we need an extra laugh.

Fash: When is he coming?
Me: Just another minute or two.
Sass: We should pretend we are invisible!
Me: Okay, why don't you practice right now.....quietly.
Fash: Mom! Mom! Tell Daddy I am a salad!

(I turn around to see this...)

Me: A salad?
Fash: Yeah, a salad! Tell him okay!
Me: Okay, I will tell Daddy you are a salad?....
Sass: A salad? I am going to be invisible!

(Out comes Mister)

Mister: Hi guys!
Me: They can't hear you.....Sass is invisible......and Fash.......well, he is a salad.

(Mister turns around to see this)

Mister: A salad, huh.....

(He starts to tickle Sass, to try to make him become visible.....all the while Fash is holding strong to his salad impression.......)

All of a sudden for Sass apparently it clicks!

Sass: Ha Ha! I get it....it's called a SOLID! Not a salad!

We erupted in laughter! Suddenly it made perfect sense!

12 comments:

Tori :) said...

LOL! That's classic!
And the song was perfect-o!

Super Happy Girl said...

Tell Fash that now I want to be a salad for Halloween.

Unknown said...

"I'm a solid"...... What a gas!

Melissa said...

Too funny! Love the pics to go along with it :D

Moomie said...

Such a cutie! You come up with great stories to tell us... My life must be soooooo boring :)

Brynn said...

Solid as a rock.
funny kids

Brynn said...

you missed my birthday party. :(

Unknown said...

The pics, the musak, the funny kid quips! I love this post!

carrie said...

That is so cute and funny sometimes a really miss my little boys. My teenager boy tell me the same joke to get me to laugh and it works.

Your momma is so fat she makes Jabba The Hut say "Dang!"

Amanda said...

LOL at piny's comment!!!

What cute and funny boys you have! :)

SoDak Angel said...

Tori--Thanks! Still has me laughing

NCS--He would love your costume! I would need a bottle of ranch though

EW-Thanks

Piny--clever....clever!

Melissa--giggle

Moomie--I know for a full fact....your life is anything but boring! That is one of the reasons I like you so much.

Brynnderella--Thanks! I missed your party? Dang it! Had I remembered....and had it on my calander....I would have brought the best present! Next time!

Annie--Thanks chicka!

Carronin--Ha Ha! That is a heeelarious joke!

Amanda--Piny does crack me up! They make me laugh almost every day.

Super Happy Girl said...

Yeah, so...like...what's up Doc?